Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One Last Round

Tamra G.

Thinking about the future brings me a mix of emotions. I am excited go back to school to finish my degree but am nervous to graduate and step out into the real world. Now that I have figured out what I want to do with my career, finishing school seems to be the easy part of the future.

This spring I will start classes again and for the first time in a long time I am excited to attend school. I feel that figuring out what I want to do with my career has given me a new passion to learn all I can about a particular field.

After this semester most of my friends will graduate and leave the Iowa City area. The college experience is made of two main components, going to class and having a good time with friends. I firmly believe it’s who you hang out with in your free time is what makes college fun. In order to take advantage of the Des Moines Center Program this semester I had to postpone my graduation from college by one semester. I know that I have benefited greatly from my time in Des Moines but not graduating with my friends is a clear disadvantage to graduating late.

I am excited for the next phase of my life which is graduating college and venturing out into the real world. At the same time I do not want to rush my last year especially this next semester. I want to cherish the last semester I have with my friends and continue to make lifelong memories with them. Being away from my friends this semester has really made me cherish the friends I have and the fun times we have shared together.

I cannot wait to see where my future leads me, but for now I can’t wait for one last round in Iowa City.

No comments: