Thursday, December 2, 2010

Unforgettable Weekend

By: Hannah


I'm engaged!! Last weekend, my fiance (wow, can't believe I have a fiance) proposed to me. My mind is going crazy now. I haven't been able to concentrate on anything for the last week! I have been scrambling to get my speech prepared for tomorrow, but can't seem to take my mind off the wedding. It is July 2 of next year, that's why my mind is all over the place right now. Who REALLY knew the amount of planning that goes into this wedding thing?! I thought a few phone calls and consultations and BAM, it'd all come together. NO. There's so much more detailed things that have to get planned out and it's driving me nuts right now. But it is all worth it. I cannot express the amount of joy I am feeling about getting married.

So we were headed downtown to Splash for dinner on Saturday night and he had mentioned we had tickets to something after but he wouldn't tell me what. And I, being an organized/stick-to-the-plan person, was going crazy not knowing what we were doing. Anyways, we finish dinner and our waitress brings out a "complimentary dessert" from the chef. I'm thinking, "Who the heck is giving US a complimentary dessert?" She lifts the napkin and there it's sitting, the ring box. I immediately started tearing up. I had no idea this was even happening! It was the most amazing moment of my life so far.

So after we leave the restaurant, he's full of more surprises. He claims we have time before the "show" to check out a possible reception place that is close to where we are going. So we walk into the Suites of 800 Locus and go into the bar area and... SURPRISE. About 60 of our family and friends were there to congratulate us. It was all like something out of a movie. Just simply unforgettable.

So why such a soon wedding? My fiance graduated from Iowa last spring and moved to San Jose for chiropractic school. His time frames are very limited on when he can come back over breaks because they go to school year round there. Winter weddings are out of the question, so summer is the only other long [well, not really long compared to Iowa (only 4 weeks)] break he has. So, July 2011 it is. But, I am happier than ever and can't wait for what's to come.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you didn't mention this in class? We would have - at the very least - heralded the news with a rousing round of applause.

Congratulations.

Ralph

Christine K. said...

Congrats!

Kaitlin D. said...

That is very exciting! Congratulations and I hope everything in the next 6 months goes smoothly with planning!